Right now there are thousands of children in NYC who need a home.
Becoming a foster parent is an immediate way to help children and teens currently in the system.
At HSVS, our foster families provide a safe and stable home until youth can return to their families or another permanent home. When youth cannot return to their first families, we happily connect them with their forever families.
Fill out and submit the form below to learn more about becoming a foster parent. Someone from our team will be in touch within 24 hours.
We’re hosting an informational event hosted by Yandy Smith, of Love & Hip Hop fame, on December 9th! And we hope you can join us. Click here to register for this event.
You can be a foster parent if you:
• Are at least 21 years old and have income
• Are single, married or partnered.
• Identify as LGBTQ, or want to ally with LGBTQ youth.
• Are interested in providing young children with an enriching and loving home.
• Are interested in helping teens to develop into happy, well educated, successful adults.
• Are looking to adopt youth into a forever family.
• A monthly financial stipend to provide for the needs of each child.
• Medical, dental and mental health care for each child.
• Training and support for foster families.
• 24/7 assistance from dedicated HSVS staff in case of an emergency.